Confidence comes from being prepared.
– John Wooden
BUILD AN EMERGENCY SUPPLY KIT
In an emergency, there are items you and your family will need. Pack a bag with items listed below. After assembling your kit, store it in a place known to all household members. Review the contents of your kit periodically to make sure stored medicines are up to date.
- Water and non-perishable food for each person for 3-5 days
- First aid kit
- Battery-operated flashlight and radio, and extra batteries for each
- Extra clothing and bedding (including shoes)
- Personal hygiene items
- Speciality items such as prescription medications, baby formula, diapers and pet supplies
- Plates, cups, utensils and a can opener
- Copies of important documents such as driver’s licenses, birth certificates, insurance policies and financial information
Once you’ve put your emergency supply kit together, it’s time to be aware!
Make a Plan
Knowing what to do in the event of an emergency is key. Make sure everyone in your family knows what to do.
Build a Kit
Your emergency supply kit should have everything you need to sustain you and your family for 3-5 days. Get a checklist you can use to put together your own kit.
Learn about the hazards that can affect your community and learn how to get information about current weather and road conditions.